Taylor District 1 City Council Candidate questions about the Taylor Housing Authority Crimes
Taylor District 1 Candidate Questions about the Taylor Housing Authority Crimes.
Mr. Gerald T. Anderson and Mr. Herbert Brinkmeyer
March 25, 2019
Dear Candidates for Taylor District 1 City Council:
1. Have you read the October 2, 2014 U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Office of the Inspector General (OIG) report which provides evidence of felony crimes involving $ millions and a continuing cash flow exceeding $700,000 that were committed against the Taylor Housing Authority in the City of Taylor? (Note: The HUD OIG report and two articles on the issue can be found at www.tommowdy.com, and are linked below.)
2. Are you aware those crimes are still in progress, that the non-profit organizations which took control of the public housing are still collecting the rents and have not filed the required IRS 990 forms since 2016?
3. Are you aware that the IRS Form 990s that have been filed show excessive salary and wage expenses for managing 104 apartments. (Details are contained in the links below, Chapter 2.)
4. Do you feel the public officials involved in the crimes described by the October 2, 2014 HUD OIG report should be investigated and held criminally accountable for those crimes?
5. Should the community be concerned about crimes committed by public officials?
6. Do you feel the Williamson County District Attorney should have investigated a report of Taylor’s loss of $ millions.
7. Do you have any comments you would like to share on the THA Crimes matter?
Could you please provide your answers in writing to my email firstname.lastname@example.org, by Thursday, March 28. I would like to publish your answers to these questions on Friday, March 29, 2019. I believe the District 1 voters, my District, will be interested in your responses.
Thanks for your time.
The Taylor Housing Authority Crimes links: